Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Georgina's Blueberry Smoothie

The ingredient list may seem extensive, but you can omit certain ingredients if you don't have them.

You need a blender with at least a 40 fluid ounce capacity

Georgina's Blueberry Smoothie
Into the blender you put:

1 cup of blueberries (you can use fresh frozen berries)
1/2 cup of cranberries (frozen)
2 inches of fresh ginger (chopped into chunks)
2 Tbsp. of Black Cherry Concentrate (I use Bernard Jensen's)
1/2 cup of Pomegranate Juice (I use Pom Wonderful)
2 Large raw eggs (use organic if concerned about salmonella)
a handful of walnut pieces
1 Tbsp. of Flax Oil

Turn on blender (highest speed) and add the following

1 Tbsp. of flax meal
1 Tbsp. of wheat germ
1 Tbsp. of Green Tea Powder
1 Tbsp. of Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp. of Cinnamon Powder

with motor still going add the following

2/3 cup of kefir (I use a low fat brand of 2% m.f.) (or you can use milk)
1 cup of Plain Yogurt (I use 1% or 0% fat )

and finally, 1 whole banana (peel and put in large chunks)
and blend all until it becomes liquefied again.

This will make about 40 fluid ozs.
Divide into two or three servings

I live alone and I have this about 4 times a week.
I have a 20 oz. beer glass that I fill, and I keep the rest til the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails